Wunderlich Comfort seat LOW - R1200GS/Adv. all models
Please complete the following information, including answering the security question at the bottom. This is required to prevent spam.
ray on 03 Oct 2013
Bike Owned: BMW GS 1200
Country: United Kingdom
Good design and very well made, improved my posture on the bike more comfortable ride.
Well-thought through at every step of the design, with many innovative solutions.
The original seat suffers from an unfavorable shape which places undue strain on the tailbone, and the angle of the seat leads many riders to adopt a bad pelvic position. To counter this we use a foam core with completely new contours and a unique fabric, developed with great care and at no small expense.
This seat is roughly the same height as the standard R1200 GS seat, but far superior in terms of shape, support and materials. It is about an inch lower than the stock R1200 GS Adventure seat.
· Distinctly shaped (concave) seating area.
· Relief of pressure on the tail bone and optimized weight distribution across the whole seat.
· Progressive double-layer construction with soft upper layer and rigid core for even distribution of forces.
· Non-slip, anti-perspiration material combined with "Alcantara" suede seams.
· Strong "RoburC" seat pan of our own construction.
· Protected document compartment underneath rider seat.
· Classy recessed "cut" seams.
· Seams glued and heat-sealed on modern PFAFF hot-air welding machines for 100% impermeability.
· Made in Germany.
EXTRA FEATURES OF LOW VERSION:
· 30mm (1-3/16") lower than the original R1200 GS seat
· 50mm (2") lower than the original Adventure seat
· Allows improved control, especially for those with a shorter inside
This is the LOW rider seat only. The passenger seat is sold separately.
R1200GS (to 2012)
R1200 Adventure (to 2013)